Yes. I have finally done it. FINALLY. I went for a concert. I was so nervous about the whole thing. New experiences always make me nervous. So the day before I was frantically emailing my bestie Fifs asking her all sorts of questions just to be sure I knew what to do. We titled the mail, “Concert Virgin.” Haha.
Now I can proudly say I’ve been to quite possibly the most amazing concert ever! The lights, smoke, FIREWORKS. This was at the Singapore Indoor Stadium by the way so as you can imagine, after watching the “Don’t You Worry Child” music video, I was quite skeptical about an indoor concert thinking… You can only have that much fun in an open space! Well. I couldn’t be more wrong. Because like I said, last night was amazing. In fact it was beyond that. Words just cannot do justice to how mind blowing the whole experience was. And this is coming from someone who doesn’t even really like rave music all that much. In fact I actually only don’t mind it when I’m drunk. Usually. Swedish House Mafia is an exception.
This “exception” started after I was blog hopping a long time ago and saw the DYWC video on someon’s blog. I want to thank that person for introducing me to the group (I’ve heard of them but never bothered) which eventually led to me living one of the best nights ever of my life so far! Problem is, I can’t recall who it was. Shall have to search through later.
You know, actually I thought to myself, “I just HAVE to go for this concert” based on these:
1. I LOVE Don’t You Worry Child. And right now, being jobless (again – that’s right – today was my last day at work and I shall have to start job hunting soon) the words are so apt. I worry but I don’t have to. Heaven has a plan. Well. Maybe not heaven. But there’s a plan. There’s always a plan. And I know I can find something.
2. It’s their last tour.
3. I’ve never been to a concert and thought it’ll be cool to be able to say this was my first.
4. I haven’t done something fun with my brother in a long time. Since he started working.
5. I thought this would be a decent enough thing for someone else to want to go to with me. I mean. NO ONE would say yes if I said, “Guess what – New Kids on The Block are coming to Singapore. Shall we go for their concert?”
6. I have a mini crush on Axwell.
7. Did I mention I have a mini crush on Axwell?
So anyway, enough rambling. On to the pictures. BEHOLD.
* I’m too lazy to rethink and retype the captions for the photos which disappeared when my computer hung. I’ll say this though. I love them even more now! They were so nice and generous and sincere and thankful. It was just perfect.